Due to COVID-19, it is suggested that readers call and make sure the event is taking place as listed.
Saturday, Sept. 26
• Blue Stone Circle driveup concert: The Palm Bay Parks & Recreation Department will host a safe and physically distanced drive-up concert on Saturday, September 26 at Fred Poppe Regional Park, located at 1951 Malabar Road NW, featuring Blue Stone Circle. The concert will start at 7:30 p.m. and run until 10:00 p.m. Gates will open beginning at 6:00 p.m. The concert is free to attend, but you must register for your free parking space online at playonline.palmbayflorida.org. Bring a friend or bring the whole family to this outdoor concert and from your physically distanced parking space, enjoy a wide variety of musical genres including top 40, classics, party favorites, country, R&B, and disco. Food and drinks will be available for purchase. Blue Stone Circle is excited to offer a safe way for people to get out and enjoy a live concert in Palm Bay. They have performed for Palm Bay audiences during past Independence Day events as well as Fun Friday events. Blue Stone Circle appears as the house band at Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville at Universal Studios City Walk and was a mainstay at Walt Disney World’s Pleasure Island for over six years. Check out the band’s website for more info at www.bluestonecircle.com. For more information about this free event, including COVID-19 protocols, visit www.PBFL.org/Events
Friday, Oct. 2
• Drive Up Concert at The Avenue Viera: Join UNIT 5 for a drive-up concert in The Avenue’s AMC Theater parking lot on Friday, Oct. 2 from 6-9 p.m. Enjoy live music from inside your vehicle or bring a chair and sit right outside. Take-out and delivery options will be available from participating restaurants. Tickets are $10 per vehicle with all proceeds benefiting Brevard Public Schools’ feeding program. Everyone who reserves a ticket will be entered to win a $50 gift card to the merchant of their choice. The winner will be announced at each show. Each ticket is good for one (1) personal vehicle (no commercial vans or buses). Parking is first-come, first-serve. For the safety of our guests, walk-ins will not be permitted. You must have a ticket to enter the event area.
Saturday, Oct. 3
• Harvest Festival and Craft Fair: Come out and enjoy the 3rd Annual Harvest Festival & Craft Fair on October 3rd at Green Gables at Historic Riverview Village, located at 1501 S. Harbor City Blvd. Melbourne. A tradition continues! Crafts and wares for sale as well as great food from area food trucks. Live entertainment! Children’s Carnival Games and crafts to make with Face Painting. Our big blue train will offer rides around the beautiful grounds of Green Gables. Tours of the Green Gables home are available. Suggested Donation $20 each. Parking will be at Reflections on the River office building to the North. Note: Some vendor booths still available for $25 per 10 x 10 space See greengables.org for a form or call 321-432-0848.
Monday, Oct. 5 –
Tuesday, Oct. 20
• Autumn Adventure 2020: The Search for Bigfoot: The Palm Bay Parks & Recreation Department has received several reports of large, hairy, bipedal creatures sighted in several different Palm Bay parks. Since Oct. 20 is National Sasquatch Awareness Day, the City of Palm Bay will be celebrating through the month of Oct. with a new fall event: Autumn Adventure 2020 – The Search for Bigfoot. The all-new Autumn Adventure 2020 – The Search for Bigfoot kicks off with virtual events on Monday, Oct. 5 and runs through Tuesday, Oct. 20 at 9:00pm. The Adventure will end with a special celebration at Fred Poppe Regional Park, located at 1951 Malabar Road NW, on Saturday, Oct. 24 with a free drive-up movie in the park featuring Harry and the Hendersons (PG). The virtual events for the Autumn Adventure include a costume contest, pumpkin carving and decorating contest, and a Sasquatch scavenger hunt! All the virtual events are free and begin on Monday, Oct. 5. Prizes will be awarded for all contests. For more information and complete contest rules, visit www.pbfl.org/Events or email Bigfoot@pbfl.org. Please note: The City of Palm Bay’s Autumn Adventure 2020 – The Search for Bigfoot is intended for entertainment purposes only. The Palm Bay Parks and Rec Department has not received any credible reports of Bigfoot, the Sasquatch, the Yeti, or any other cryptozoological creatures…yet.
Wednesday, Oct. 7
• Federation of Republican Women: The Brevard Federated Republican Women will meet Wednesday October 7, 2020 at the Space Coast Convention Center at 103 Tucker Lane, Cocoa at 11:00 a.m. The program will feature John McIntosh, from Vero Beach, with his “Step up for America ” program which is presented in the schools. The meeting fee of $25 includes plate lunch of salad, chicken Florentine and dessert. Vegetarian and gluten free menu is grilled veggies over romaine. Advanced reservations are required and can be made and paid for at www.brevardfederatedrepublicanwomen.org or by the 24 hour phone line 321-727-1212. All reservations are due by Friday October 2, 2020 at 12 noon. For further information contact Beth Young at 321-223-5921.
Saturday, Oct. 10
• Tour of Hope: NKF Kidney Walk and Bicycle Bar Tour of Hope will take place on Saturday, Oct. 10 – Part of the Annual NKF Surf Fest. The 9th Annual Footprints in the Sand Kidney Walk will take place at 9:00 a.m. and the 4th Annual Bicycle Bar Tour of Hope will begin at 12 p.m. The event starts at the Cocoa Beach Pier, located at 401 Meade Avenue in Cocoa Beach. Sign up for the nation’s largest walk to fight kidney disease. Join me in the In Memory Of Rich Team! A leisurely 7 total miles (one hour) ride through the beautiful beachside bike paths of Cocoa Beach. Six (6) drinks $18 in advance on-line only until Friday, October 9, or $25 at the event. Tickets are not required to participate in the bike ride, but they give you a BIG break on drink prices! You may also share a ticket. Meet at Kidney Walk registration before, during, and shortly after the Walk. I’ll have extra Bicycle Bar Tour tickets for sale. A portion of each ticket will go to the NKF of Florida. 50/50 drawing at the last stop for NKF of Florida. Other door prizes will be awarded also. Bicycle Ride starts in the parking lot outside of Keith’s Oyster Bar (Pier by parking lot) at noon, followed by Sandbar, Cocoa Beach Ale House, La Cantina, Ellie Mae’s Tiki Bar, Slide Inn and Jump’s Tiny Tavern. For more information and registration, visit https://madhatterpromotions.com/2020-footprints-sand-bicycle-bar-tour.php or contact Gary at 321-543-1346 or visit MadHatterPromotions.com
• Space Awards of 2020: The Radisson Resort at the Port, located at 8701 Astronaut Bolevard in Cape Canaveral, will host the 2020 Celebrate Space Awards. Categories will include Lifetime Achievement Award, the Kolcum News and Communications Award, Space Worker Hall of Fame and Rising Star Award. The event will begin at 6 p .m. For tickets, visit www.nscfl.org/product/celebrate-space-awards_2020
• Fiesta De Dance Show: Time Out Plus, located at 607 Florida Avenue in Cocoa, will host Fiesta De Dance Show on Saturday, Oct. 10. Show starts at 4pm at Time Out Plus in Cocoa Village. Enjoy students from Dussich Dance studio and Imperial Dance Corp. This is a family friendly show. Temperature checks and hand sanitation required upon entering. Cost is $8. For more information, contact Anna Spangler at 321-452-2046 or email Dussichdancestudio@gmail.com
Saturday, Oct. 17 –
• Movies in the Park: Enjoy a spooky movie in Fay Lake Park, located at 6300 Fay Blvd in Cocoa, on Saturday October 17 at 8:30 p.m., drive-in style. Load up your vehicle for this free event. You tune in to 97.9 FM to access the movie audio, and you enjoy the movie from the comfort of the car. For more information, contact Titusville Parks and Recreation at 321-987-8737 or 321-264-5105.
Saturday, Oct. 17 –
Sunday, Oct. 18
• Cocoa Villiage Fall Art Fair: Historic Cocoa Village Main Street is planning Our Fall Art & Craft Fair Oct. 17-18. As you may recall, the COVID 19 health emergency forced us to cancel our Summer Fair last May. Now that we have begun to re-open, we are adapting our Fall Fair plans to the new realities. Things will be different for this Fair but we believe it will be terrific for both Exhibitor and Attendee alike. Layout The Art & Craft Fair is normally sited outdoors, on the streets of Cocoa Village including Brevard Ave., Delannoy Ave, Oleander, Harrison, Church and Orange Streets, covering roughly 85,000 SF.
The layout will be expanded to approximately 185,000 SF by including a portion of Harrison Park, all of Riverfront Park and the walkways of Taylor Park. This will allow the spacing of exhibitor tents at a distance of approximately ten (10) feet from one another. All registration personnel will be masked, entry will be controlled and social distancing of registering Exhibitors will be required. All exhibitors will be required to wear masks and to maintain a supply of hand sanitizer for customer use. Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own PPE supplies. Use of face masks for attendees will be encouraged. Hand washing stations will be provided at strategic locations around the Fair grounds. At least one additional officer will be on hand from Cocoa PD to cover the additional square footage and two V-Cops will be requested for crowd monitoring. Pedestrian Traffic Management
Appropriate signage will be employed for both way finding and for safety remainders. For more information, call (321) 631-9075.
Friday, Oct. 30
• Swing for Charity Golf Tournament: On Friday, Oct. 30 the Swing for Charity golf tournament will take place at Duran Golf Club, located at 7032 Stadium Parkway in Melbourne. Event will benefit the charities of the GFWC Viera Woman’s Club, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Scramble format, Team of 4= $300. Single=$80 (Golfer Goody Bag, Boxed Lunch, and Practice Balls included.) Prizes in Men’s, Women’s, Mixed Team for 1st and 2nd place. Halloween Theme: Contest for Best Costumed! Auction Baskets and 50/50 Opportunity! Sponsorships are still available. For more information, contact Jan Gates at 321-522-9888, email@example.com. For additional information, visit their website at www.gfwcvierawomansclub.com.