I’M A CELEBRITY has whetted fans’ appetites for more and fans will get more when the castle opens to the public next Spring.
Self-catering accommodation will be introduced at Gwrych Castle in Abergele and the I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! set may remain in place.
Tours in the New Year will be held as well as ghost hunts – the first one scheduled for Saturday, January 30.
Further tours are available, right up to December 2021.
The description for the event says: “Real life ghost encounters by visitors to Gwrych Castle are commonplace, but are you brave enough to join them?
“If you have the guts to spend the night in a haunted castle, Gwrych never fails to deliver with lots of paranormal activity, and our in-house team will take you where the haunting is happening.”
The spectacular Grade 1 listed building is said to be haunted by Countess of Dundonald who owned the building until her death in 1926.
Last week, during a Q&A session on their Instagram, the trust behind the castle answered burning questions from fans including if the folly is haunted, if the crew behind the ITV show had heard spooky noises and when the castle was last lived in.
It was confirmed that interest from other countries had been received [to move their version of the show to the castle]; that Ant and Dec’s studio was located 200 yards from the camp and the live studio is on the main terrace: “It is purpose built but includes parts of the ruins.”
The 200-year-old castle has been playing host to the 20th series of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!
On Friday, December 4 viewers will find out who will be crowned king or queen of the castle.
ITV said 14.3 million viewers watch the show’s first episode – an 18 year high.
A spokesperson added: “Overall, the launch episode of this year’s I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! was up year-on-year by 1.2m viewers and six per cent audience share points.”
Click here for more information about the ghost tours.