Most of the world might have shut down last year due to the coronavirus pandemic, but this unexpectedly resulted in unique opportunities for the Ghost Adventures team, who were able to film a number of creepy experiences in lockdown situations. While some theories suggest that bustling places can ignite more paranormal activity, this new season will show how an absence of crowds can also result in unexpected encounters, with spirits potentially making themselves feel much more at home when no one else is around. The upcoming brand-new season of Ghost Adventures will premiere exclusively on discovery+ starting on July 22nd.
“What we experience this season is some of the most physical and psychological paranormal activity yet,” star Zak Bagans shared in a statement. “We’re dealing with cursed land, portals, demonic activity, and very frightened property owners who are afraid to live and work in these places. It’s terrifying, and we’re doing all we can to help them and understand these powerful hauntings.”
In the new season, the Ghost Adventures crew receives calls on the regular about claims of unrelenting paranormal activity that is terrifying those in its wake. Whether it’s poltergeist activity at a popular Hollywood costume shop or shadow figures inside a celebrity residence, these complex paranormal mysteries leave everyone wanting answers. Using advanced cutting-edge technology along with their unique paranormal intuition and more than two decades of experience, Zak, Aaron, Billy, and Jay examine each situation searching for evidence that will point them to a better understanding of the unexplained phenomena.
Here’s what fans can expect in the new season:
Episode 1 – “The Great Saltair Curse” – Begins Streaming Thursday, July 22nd
- The Ghost Adventures crew is on the banks of Utah’s Great Salt Lake to investigate The Great Saltair, a century-old music venue that is host to terrifying hauntings, and plagued by misfortune, disaster, and even death. Many believe the property is haunted by Saltair Sally, a woman whose body was found on the property in 2000, and evidence suggests the surrounding land is cursed, amplifying the hostile paranormal energy. During their investigation, the team is plagued by intense physical afflictions, disembodied voices, unexplained figures, and an array of frightening anomalies.
Episode 2 – “Terror at the Toy Shop” – Begins Streaming Thursday, July 29th
- Zak Bagans and the crew encounter some of the most incredible poltergeist activity ever at Hollywood Toys and Costumes, a haunted costume shop in Hollywood, California. Riddled with darkness and tragedy, the supernaturally charged building takes the guys on a ride they will never forget during an incredibly dynamic investigation.
Episode 3 – “Haunting in the Hills” – Begins Streaming Thursday, August 5th
- The Ghost Adventures crew investigates the Hollywood Hills home of model and television personality Holly Madison. She is experiencing disturbing paranormal activity, including demonic growls, and suspects that whatever haunts the property is preying on her fear.
Episode 4 – “Territorial Enterprise” – Begins Streaming Thursday, August 12th
- Zak Bagans and the team open a terrifying new chapter in Virginia City, Nevada, a haunted town that’s kept the crew coming back again and again. This time, they are focusing on two places in town, the Territory Enterprise Building and the Knights of Pythias building. Locals suspect the town’s connection to a secret society may have opened a portal to the netherworld.
Episode 5 – “Emergency in Elk Grove” – Begins Streaming Thursday, August 19th
- The crew is called to Elk Grove, California, to help a grieving woman who believes she is being terrorized by a demon and fears for her safety. The case takes an even more twisted turn when she reveals that the dark presence haunting her may be responsible for her father’s death.
Episode 6 – “Carbon County Chaos” – Begins Streaming Thursday, August 26th
- When the small town of Helper, Utah, is under siege by dark forces, the mayor calls on the Ghost Adventures crew for help. She suspects that recent renovations to two historic buildings may be behind the surge in paranormal activity.
The new season of Ghost Adventures premieres exclusively on discovery+ on July 22nd.
Are you looking forward to the new season? Let us know in the comments below or contact Patrick Cavanaugh directly on Twitter to talk all things horror and Star Wars!