Located at 601 N. State Street in Jerseyville, Illinois, and built in 1827, it was one of the first houses built in the town, then known as the Little Red House. Built by two local carpenters named James Hamilton and Andrew Sweeney, it was originally used as a residence by James Faulkner. In 1830 it was sold to an A. L. CARPENTER, and in 1839 to a Dr. E. A. D’ARCY, who also used it as a residence. It served as a tavern, stagecoach stop, a bank, and a doctor’s office. It was also used as a stop on the underground railway up until the Civil War ended. Now serving as the home of the Jersey County Historical Society, the home features an array of late 19th century and early 20th-century historical artifacts.
Event Location: 601 N State St, Jerseyville, IL 62052
Event Time: 8:00 PM – 3:00 AM
The Cheney Mansion has been the source of paranormal intrigue for decades. Visitors, staff, and paranormal investigators have been left in awe of the activity experienced here.